[Kde-imaging] kipi-plugins 0.1.4 beta1 available for testing

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Jun 6 16:16:43 CEST 2007

Angelo Naselli wrote:

> When i say "distro specific" i mean that maybe fedora added one more
> package for that and so you cannot find it.

No.  The libgobject-2.0.so library is present at build time, kipi-plugins
just isn't using it (without the aforementioned patch anyway).

> Anyway there's no way to check if you have installed libfoo package and
> not libfoo-devel to build your code but using pkg-config tools. (at least
> i believe).

Sure there is, that's precisely what my patch does, it uses pkg-config to
detect the presence of gobject-2.0.pc

>> Does
>> $ grep libgobject /usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.la
>> find anything? :)
> silly question for good point :)
> Of course it doesn't find anything

I'm still stumped how kipi-plugins builds for you (or anyone else), using a
symbol from libgobject-2.0.so without (directly) linking against it. ???

(Are you sure your libglib-2.0.la file doesn't mention libgobject-2.0?)

-- Rex