[Kde-imaging] port kipi-plugins to KDE4...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 23:27:46 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Today, Marcel has fixed libkipi to load properlly kipi-plugins to KDE4 kipi
hosts :

http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/245

This is want mean than we can start to port now all others kipi-plugins
under KDE4...

KDE4 port will depand of availability of mainteners of course. Laurent and
me we can start to port plugins as well under KDE4... But we need mainteners
right to do it before to start.

* pending plugins to port :

SlideShow
MpegEncoder
PrintWizard
CdArchiving
Calendar
SendImages
BatchProcessImages
GalleryExport
FlickrExport
PicasaWebExport
HTMLExport
SimpleViewerExport
IpodExport
AcquireImages : warning : kooka interface has diseapears with KDE4. we need
to use libkscan instead.

* plugins which i will never port (personally) :

FindImages : obsolete (for digiKam). New advanced search tool will do it in
digiKam core using DB.
KameraKlient : obsolete (for digiKam). it will be never ported by digiKam
team.

* plugins that i will port in a near future :

GPSSync : maintened by me. can be started now
MetadataEdit : maintened by me. can be started now
RawConverter : maintened by me. can be started now

* Plugins already ported :

JpegLossLess : already done.
TimeAdjust : already done.
WallPaper : already done.

Mainteners, please let me us which plugins can be ported now to KDE4.

Thanks in advance

Gilles Caulier