[Kde-imaging] KIPI API rework.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 19 12:21:29 CEST 2007

Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Thanks Col, someone (maybe me) should have started this sooner or later :)
> Gilles asked for it into a commit commet iirc, so it should be time to.

No worries :)

> What we need to decide first is, do we change api for kde 3.5 as well?
> As soon as possible I'll release a new libkdcraw version (kde 3.5, Gilles
> do we need to do that for kde 4 as well? - i can't by now).
>
> So the current important aims are
> 1) changing libkipi API (for kde 3.5 as well?)

IMO, no as it would require co-ordinating with all host applications to
have them updated to support the new API. This is too big IMO and the
fact that we are doing it to coincide with another breakage (KDE4)
should mean less problems (hopefully!). Some apps may just say, no more
updates for KDE3 after doing KDE4 port and in which case this would be
even more problematic.

So in short, I think the libkipi for KDE3 branch should remain the same
and it should be update in the KDE4 trunk.

That said I may not have all the needed info :)

Col