[Kde-imaging] KIPI API rework.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 19 10:15:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

As promised while spamming Picasaweb bug, I've started a Wiki Page to
discusss the details of a libkipi Rework.

Please can those who are involved take a while to read what I have
written and to correct all the glaring errors I have made!? ;)

My knowledge of the while structure (and the history) of libkipi is not
the most extensive so input from the regulars would be really useful.

I've tried to pick up the main issues we've discussed in the past on
this list but will have no doubt forgotten bits.

I've introduced some questions about possible technologies, but it may
have implications on the host application design also. One of the most
controversial is perhaps the suggestion that we can look at Akonadi
which was introduced to me at Akadamy... it may or may not be great!!
I'd recommend watching the talk if you can spare the time (it's about 35
mins in total I think).

I will write up information about the Sync plugin shortly but it would
be good to get feed back from this first as the two are strangely
interlinked....

Main Wiki page for Kipi was created here:
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Kipi

Please follow the link to the API Rework from there.

Please feel free to edit the page if you know you're right or discuss
here if you prefer.

Cheers

Col