[Kde-imaging] Plugin for MyPhotos

Colin Guthrie kde at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jan 30 16:16:49 CET 2007

Hi,

Michele "O-Zone" Pinassi wrote:
> Hi all,
> i'm the creator of "MyPhotos" photograpy portal (http://myphotos.zerozone.it)
> and i implement a way that allow users upload their photos using XML.
> I have created a class in Python that implements almost all steps to upload
> images with related metadata (title, subtitle, etc etc).
>
> Someone will be interested to write a Kipi plugin (like one for Flickr)  for
> MyPhotos ?

Sounds like a good idea.

I am currently working on a re-implementation of the Gallery plugin to
be more generic and work with numerous other photo websites like
PicasaWeb, Flickr (tho' it has it's own dedicated plugin) and many
others too.

It's still early stage but I'll try and find some time to put up some
information about it on the kipi website soon, so that people can start
making suggestions for it.

I'm sure i'd be able to take your Python code and convert it to a "sink"
in my new plugin.

This kind of thing seems to be coming more and more popular, so I'm
hoping that I'll be able to create a good framework for making such
implementations easy in Kipi.

For the time being tho', watch this space and I'll try to be in touch.

Please create a bug/wish on bugs.kde.org against kipi-plugins with as
much info as you have, and I'll take ownership of it.

Cheers

Col.