[Kde-imaging] extragear/libs/kipi-plugins

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Thu Jan 25 10:16:26 CET 2007

Alle 01:05, giovedì 25 gennaio 2007, Seb Ruiz ha scritto:
> On 25/01/07, Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it> wrote:
> > > +        KDE_PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBGPOD, libgpod-1.0 = 0.4.2, have_libgpod=yes,have_libgpod=no)
> > Seb shouldn't it be >= 0.4.2? I mean I hope it will build also for future releases...
>
> Possibly, except there aren't libgpod releases often, and i don't want
> to risk another breakage in API again, as is liable to happen with the
> library.
>
> I rationale was that there are more kipi releases than libgpod so it
> should be easy to change later if necessary.
Well, the only exception I see is, suppose we loose compatibility in
0.5.0 for instance and there is at least one release in the middle let's say
0.4.3, that means changing configure.in.in for 0.4.3 and again for 0.5.0.
OTH we could change it only for 0.5.0 (fixing the compatibility and putting >= 0.5.0)
Worst case is the same of course, since we should change configure.in.in
every release of libgpod.

Just my 2 €cents,