[Kde-imaging] kipi htmlexport themes

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Tue Jan 23 19:23:33 CET 2007

On Tuesday, 23. January 2007 01:18, Marcelo Anelli Colla wrote:
> Hi Achim,
>
> maybe I does not understand english well:
>
> Form the authors page of prozac theme:
> http://design.raykonline.com/templates.html
>
> "That's the beauty of it, there is no catch. The designs of mine you'll find
> on this page, and on www.opendesigns.org, are free and can be downloaded and
> used by anyone that wants them. Think of these design templates as fancy,
> blank slates that you apply to your own site and customize as you see fit.

I'm no expert in this field either.  I noticed that: anyone can download
use and modify them.  But there no grand that allows redistribution :(
That's 'derived works' in DFSG: http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

I'm assume the author implies this with 'free' but unfortunately that can
does not count :(

I've downloaded the tinfoil.zip template.  But there not more info.

Sigh, I'm not fond of playing the license game :( :(, I always wish
authors would just choose a commonly accepted free license than inventing
their own formulations.  (DSFG) free licenses are e.g. at
http://www.debian.org/legal/licenses/

Of course all is only my opinion.  What do the other devels think?

Achim