[Kde-imaging] where is the sideshow

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Wed Jan 10 17:25:12 CET 2007

On Wednesday, 10. January 2007 15:39, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Michael Pennington wrote:
>
> > running fedora 6 (KDE), digikam installed through yum, look like it was a
> > good install but, when i go to tools toview sideshow. sideshow is missing,
> > un-installed and re-installed digikam and still no sideshow under "tools"
>
> $ yum install kipi-plugins
>
> That's been left as an optional (non-mandatory) dependency in Fedora's
> packaging.
>
> Question: Do other distros make kipi-plugins a mandatory dependency for
> kipi-consuming apps (like digikam, kphotoalbum, gwenview)?

Digikam & gwenview are installed by a default kubuntu installation.
kipi-plugins and kphotoablum not installed by default.

Kubuntu/Debian pkgs level: digkikam and kphotoalbum only recommends
kipi-plugins. Some tools install recommended pkgs by default too, others
don't.

kipi-plugins pulls in to many other pkgs.  Maybe in the future Kubuntu
splits kipi-plugins into 2 pkgs.  One that gets installed by a default
installation and one that does not.  I assume that will largely depended
on the user 'pressure' to have some plugins by default.

Achim