[Kde-imaging] Fwd: kde bugs

Colin Guthrie kde at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jan 3 01:09:04 CET 2007

Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Alle 20:13, martedì 2 gennaio 2007, Jesper K. Pedersen ha scritto:
>> I completely agree with this email, that it isn't eactly usefull that people
>> get emails back when they register a bug, but I dont really know what to do.
>>
>> I see these options of which I dont really like any:
>> 1) moderate the list (I did this for a long time, and it feels like a rather
>> nasty waste of time to allow all these bug reports through)
> agree

+1

>> 2) only allow subscribed people to send mail (which is the current situation)
>> 3) open it up, which means lots of spam will come in again.
> I don't know if there's no other way i believe that is the only solution.
>> 4) not send email to the list when people file a bug
> hmm that helps a lot, people can read a bug an confirm that if they are
> subscribed. Tests and feedbacks are always welcome.
>
>> Any comments?
> is there any way to let them pass if they have @bugs.kde.org somewhere?

I would have thought that you could set the From address in Bugzilla to
be a single address e.g. kde-imaging at kde.org, and ensure that that
address is subbed to the list, rather than using individual peoples
email addresses.

So I think the ML is OK, and it's Bugzilla that needs configured.

This is how Cooker and Mandriva's bugzilla (sometimes!) works (you
should know that Angelo :p)

There are even mail gateways that allow the reply to be directly
attached as a comment to the bug but I've not played with these.

Col