[Kde-imaging] RFC: next kipi & co. generation

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sat Sep 30 14:59:01 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 17:59, Caulier Gilles wrote:

| > > yes. About digiKam, this is a is file system based like gwenview,
| > > excepted for
| > > the tag of course witch are virtual folders (using a hierarchy).
| >
| > I think this could be implemented by introducing the concept of recursive
| > image collections. We could extend the ImageCollection interface so that
| > it's possible for an ImageCollection to return its sub collections.
| >
| > A simplistic API could be something like this:
| >
| > class ImageCollection {
| > public:
| >   const QValueList<ImageCollection>& subCollections() const;
| > }
| >
| > But it might not be very efficient. At least for the image collection
| > dialog, it would be nice to have a method like this:
| >
| >   bool hasSubCollections() const;
| >
| > So that ImageCollectionDialog can make its items expandable without
| > retrieving the full list of sub collections.
| >
| > It could be made more flexible and efficient by introducing an
| > ImageCollectionIterator class, similar to QListViewItemIterator. This
| > iterator would be implemented by the host app, allowing it to store the
| > sub collections in the best way possible.
|
| Sounds good for me Aurélien.
|
| Jesper, can you give us your viewpoint please ?
I have a hard time trying to see how I would implement this in KPA. But on the
other hand I could always just return an empty list of sub elements.

So fine by me.

PS: I've started studying some busines school in the evenings, so I dont have
much spare time anymore, so please CC me directly if you need my attension on
something.

Cheers
Jesper.