[Kde-imaging] libkexiv2...

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Oct 31 09:38:18 CET 2006

Hi all,

Since we have remplaced libkexif by Exiv2 in kipi-plugins, there is a lots of
duplicate source code :

- in digiKam core, with DMeatada class :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dmetadata/

- in kipi-plugins, with Exiv2Iface class :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/libs/kipi-plugins/common/exiv2iface/

- In Showimg, where Richard have copied my DMetadata class source code (:=))):

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/showimg/showimg/metadata/

So this is my proposal : created a new shared library based on this code to
remplace the old libkexif ! What do yo uthink about?

Jesper, you use Exiv2 library into KPhotoAlbum. Are you interessed by this
library ?

Aurélien, are you planed to use Exiv2 in Gwenview ? Are you interessed too by
this library ?

Gilles Caulier