[Kde-imaging] Common framework for Web Export/Sync plugins

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 11 15:02:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've been thinking about this for the last few days.

We now have Gallery/Flickr export plugins in libkipi. But now there is
the ne Picasa galleries. iPhoto has a plugin to publish to these
galleries and I see no reason not to create a Kipi one too.

AFAIK, the Flickr export plugin was derived from Gallery export. Since
then both projects have had improvments made to them that didn't benefit
the other (e.g. Flickr added Exif saving, then I did it in Gallery, then
I converted Gallery to use Exiv2Iface, not Flickr is lagging behind - I
also added multiple account support to Gallery, not sure if Flickr has
this..)

Anyway, I think it would be sensible to discuss the posibility of
creating a new "web sync" plugin that can provide the core functionality
needed to do syncronisation with or export to web-based galleries. (e.g.
dialogs, account management, sync preferences etc.)

Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

Col.