[Kde-imaging] moving from libkexif to libexiv

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Oct 11 10:54:52 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 10:42, Gilles Caulier(UNTRUSTED, sender is
<kde-imaging-bounces-+caulier.gilles=kdemail.net at kde.org>) wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 October 2006 10:31, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > Gilles, which are the plugins to be managed for that yet?
> >
> > Angelo
>
> I don't understand what you mean exactly (:=)))
>
> If you talking about something to do on plugins to use Exiv2 library
> instead libkexif, well (:=))))))), all is already done by me on svn via the
> Exiv2Iface class from kipi-plugins 'common' area...
>
> In fact, the libkexif depency have been _definitivly_ removed in
> kipi-plugins ! You can uninstall likexif from your computer if you want !
>
> The pending question about libkexif is to remove it from svn. I don't use
> it into digiKam core now, and i'm agree to remove this implementation from
> trunk.
>
> In the past, ShowImg have used this library, but i'm not sure is it always
> true now.
>
> About KPhotoAlbum and Gwenview, i don't know.
>
> Jesper, Aurélien, your viewpoints ?
>
> Gilles

Ok, i CC Richard Groult from ShowImg project to check if we can remove
libkexif from svn trunk without problem...

Richard,

libkexif depency have been removed from kipiplugins (trunk).

We using everywhere Exiv2 library instead (there is an internal Exiv2
interface, not shared to host).

digiKam from trunk (0.9.0) do not use libKExif now (Exiv2 is used in digiKam
core)

KPhotoAlbum and GwenView do not use libKExif.

libKExif is obsolete now and will not be maintened.

So, is ShowImg use libKexif ? We can remove it from trunk ?

please give us your viewpoint... Thanks in advance

Gilles Caulier