[Kde-imaging] flickr upload interface

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 17:50:41 CET 2006

Hi,
     The idea is good, One core problem that I saw with this idea (when we
gave a small thought to it sometime back)  was to handle the vary different
amount of data and information various photo sites allow and the different
apis they provide to developers. AFAIK flickr has a very rich API and a
plugin supporting flickr APIs can do much beyond any other web photos
interface. I intended to make many of this features available in flickr
exporter over time, so that it would utlimately turn out to be a flickr
client (exporting plus multiple other things).

I would say, in any case a common plugin would be an interesting idea. We
might leave the users with the option of multiple plugins, from which they
can choose the one that suits their need the most. For e.g a person willing
to only upload photos to website migh use the  websync plugin, while some
one trying to do much more can use an advance plugin.

I was even thinking if kipi plugnis would end up becoming easier in
installation and thereby accessible from simple konqueror window, so that
more naive user can try exporting their photos to website, rather than
having to install apps like digikam etc which they might not like. (I was
thinking of kipi-plugnis being similar to firefox plugins with click to
install feature, people can then choose the plugins much more easily, then
the current case of installing from a single RPM or by code)

Just my 2 cents.

regards,
Vardhman

Blogs: http://vardhman.blogspot.com