[Kde-imaging] KIPI::ImageCollection and attributes()/setAttributes()

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Mon May 22 13:40:11 CEST 2006

Hi,
      Sorry for trying to pull back some different issues compared to
ongoing release date stuff. I guess the actuall discussion started with some
questions on what functionalities to expect/deliver fromt the libkipi and
what to expect from host apps.

More than the release date, we might need to discuss the separation of
functionalities. IIRC Colin pointed out a feature requirement in his Gallery
plugin which calls for adding etc information for each image in a set. I
have been requiring the similar functionality in my plugin too. Its more of
a KDE design pattern issue I guess. Digikam has advanced Database backend
but other apps might not actually have them, so how should the data be
stored in some kind of a file or otherwise.

Expecting some opinion from the core developers of KIPI ...

regards,
Vardhman

Blogs: http://vardhman.blogspot.com