[Kde-imaging] KIPI::ImageCollection and attributes()/setAttributes()

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Mon May 22 09:09:58 CEST 2006

Alle 00:36, lunedì 22 maggio 2006, Colin Guthrie ha scritto:
> Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > the thing i ask for by now is not to break things.
> > I din't post anything yet because next week I'll be out for a couple of
> > days and I cannot be very present because I'll have to prepare
> > the event. Anyway I'd like to have an rc3 in june (so stay tuned I'll be
> > back with my bko reports :) ) and if the feedbacks
> > (bko first of all) are good, to close the release before
> > the end of the Summer. After that there are a lot of devels ready
> > to change/break libkipi.
>
> Cool! Asside from the fact that nothing will happen in the short term, I
> may start to play around with this. Is my general suggestion/grasp of
> the setAttributes calls correct? And in theory, is it OK to go into
> libkipi? If so I'll maybe make some patches for my own use and ready to
> commit when the time comes.
About your request, I, as you are, I'm studying the code in my spare time
to be more aware. I'm learning... so I would like Toma, Achim or other
developers answer to this question.

> > I'm a bit worried because of the broken gallery 1.x compatibility for
> > this release, if I understood correctly it is. Should we add some
> > other constraints in README?
>

> Yeah probably a good idea. If feedback is received from community prior
> to release, I can probably find time to add support for G1 too. Let me
> know if you can gauge this kind of feedback from anywhere.
Well the place in which we can have it is digikam and other host applications
and here and of course bko.
Tonight I tought for a while to this. If you have time, I believe it's not so difficult
to do, we can add a checkbox into remote gellery login dialog in which check
gallery 2. The changes i committed for you are very smple to split with an if clause.

WDYT?