[Kde-imaging] KIPI::ImageCollection and attributes()/setAttributes()

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sun May 21 22:59:47 CEST 2006

Alle 21:39, domenica 21 maggio 2006, Colin Guthrie ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Apologies if I'm getting ahead of myself here as I've only just read the
> docs and not really fully absorbed it all yet.
>
> As I posted on the Digikam list (and in another thread here I think), I
> want to make the Gallery2 integration much tighter in Digikam (and make
> it possible for other applications to do the same if so desired.
>
> One of the things I want to do is to be able to configure an Album (or
> KIPI::ImageCollection in KIPI speak) to be synced (sunk?) to a given
> remote Gallery2 (and within a given album in that gallery).
>
> I'd also like the ability to exclude certain images from the sync. Now,
> I notice from the docs that there exists a few methods in
> KIPI::ImageInfo called attributes(), clearAttributes() and
> addAttribute(). Unf. the docs are a little lacking here. Do these
> methods allow me to use the host application to store generic key/value
> pairs of data about a given image? If so this this perfect for my "Do
> not sync flag" and also for storing the remote gallery image id etc. for
> subsequent syncs.
>
> But unfortunatly the same methods are not present in the
> KIPI::ImageCollection object where I would store my sync preferences...
>    (e.g. Which remote gallery, which remote album etc.)
>
> If I've guessed correctly, would it be OK to add this extra
> functionality to KIPI::ImageCollection?
>
> Cheers
>
> Col.

Hi Colin,
the thing i ask for by now is not to break things.
I din't post anything yet because next week I'll be out for a couple of
days and I cannot be very present because I'll have to prepare
the event. Anyway I'd like to have an rc3 in june (so stay tuned I'll be
back with my bko reports :) ) and if the feedbacks
(bko first of all) are good, to close the release before
the end of the Summer. After that there are a lot of devels ready
to change/break libkipi. So I believe hard changes should go there.
I'm a bit worried because of the broken gallery 1.x compatibility for
this release, if I understood correctly it is. Should we add some
other constraints in README?