[Kde-imaging] BKO status and comments.

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Wed May 3 04:12:08 CEST 2006

On Monday 01 May 2006 17:13, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| | acquirei (Jesper)
| | 118.090	cra	digikam crashed while attempting to save scanned (tiff) i...
| | Not replicated. Used two differed scanners, probably invalid
Erhhh this is for scan images. Unfortunately I dont have a scanner, and it
works just great with screen shoting an image.

I looked into the source code, and the difference between scan and screenshot
is really just a few lines.

114.519 fixed another crash from the scanner sending a null reference, I
imagine that was really just the same bug.

| | 114.516	nor	Comments entered for the target image are not saved.
| | I'm not sure of that, but i believe it's an application
| | problem. Since ImagesHasComments is set in
| | digikam not in gwenview, and if I'm not wrong the
| | setDescription method should be extendend by
| | applications. Probably we should avoid comment
| | textedit if ImagesHasComments is not set
It does already work like that.
It seems like gwenview doesn't set the above flag though it seems not to save
description, so I reassigned the bug to gwenview.
Please reassign if I'm wrong.

| | findimag (Jesper and Richard)
| | 113.557	cra	Find Duplicate Images
| | Richard can you check at least this one?
|
| I checked on this last weekend, but did not find anything. I did a lot of
| refactoring of the code so I hope it has vanished since then though.
I found a mismatched malloc/delete, which I fixed. Apart from that valgrind
did not complain about anything, besides things that seems to be internally
in Qt, and thus likely can be ignored.

Cheers
Jesper.