[Kde-imaging] Adding code using KExif to the images gallery plugin

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Fri Mar 24 15:46:33 CET 2006

> The compile actually works which surprises since I did not install a
> libkexif-devel package, it's the link step that stops with this error:
>
> .libs/imagesgallery.o: In function
> `KIPIImagesGalleryPlugin::ImagesGallery::createBody(QTextStream&,
> QStringList const&, KURL const&, QString const&, QString const&)':
> imagesgallery.cpp:(.text+0xbfcc): undefined reference to
> `KExifData::KExifData()'
> imagesgallery.cpp:(.text+0xbfd4): undefined reference to
> `KExifData::~KExifData()'
Compile but does't link :) Yes you need libkexif-devel.
It's not always easy to test a devel package into configure.

> I think the problem is that I need to install a libkexif-devel package but I
> can't find one anywhere and I don't remember doing this for Suse 9.3.
> libkexif 0.2.2 from Packman.
> I also tried installing libkexif from the source code (using checkinstall)
> but this didn't help (could a "make install" make a differnce here?)
> I also tried putting the libkexif tree into the kipi-plugins tree (at the
> same level as the kipi-plugins folder) and generated a new configure script
> using make -f Makefile.cvs. and ran configure and make.
Assuming you're install it locally.
./configure --prefix=$HOME/test
make
make install
export KDELIBS=$HOME/test:/usr
# (/usr is my kde installation default dir)
 kbuildsycoca

and launch your application from the same console.

> Where can I get a libkexif-devel package for suse 10.0 or does anyone have
> any other ideas?
Ask for the suse maintainer and have a look at their repositories.