[Kde-imaging] Adding code using KExif to the images gallery plugin

Con Ruane conruane at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 15:21:52 CET 2006

Hi All,

I use the ImagesGallery out of Digikam to generate galleries for my web
site.

I wanted to change the look of the generated html to match my site so I
downloaded the source code and added some hard coding to do what I wanted.

I also wanted to have the exif date and time displayed under the photos so I
added some code using libkexif functions to do what I wanted.

It took me a while to get everything compiling successfully and working but
I did succeed in the end.

That was some time ago using SuSE 9.3.

Now I've updated to SuSE 10.0 (fresh install) but I can't get ImagesGallery
to compile with libkexif stuff in it.

The compile actually works which surprises since I did not install a
libkexif-devel package, it's the link step that stops with this error:

.libs/imagesgallery.o: In function
`KIPIImagesGalleryPlugin::ImagesGallery::createBody(QTextStream&,
QStringList const&, KURL const&, QString const&, QString const&)':
imagesgallery.cpp:(.text+0xbfcc): undefined reference to
`KExifData::KExifData()'
imagesgallery.cpp:(.text+0xbfd4): undefined reference to
`KExifData::~KExifData()'

The only code I have in there at the moment for testing is the just
definition of a KExifData object.

#include <libkexif/kexifdata.h>
..
..
void ImagesGallery::createBody(QTextStream& stream, const QStringList&
subDirList,
                               const KURL& url, const QString& imageFormat,
                               const QString& TargetimagesFormat)
{
..
..
       // define KExifData object
       KExifData exifData;
}

I think the problem is that I need to install a libkexif-devel package but I
can't find one anywhere and I don't remember doing this for Suse 9.3.
libkexif 0.2.2 from Packman.
I also tried installing libkexif from the source code (using checkinstall)
but this didn't help (could a "make install" make a differnce here?)
I also tried putting the libkexif tree into the kipi-plugins tree (at the
same level as the kipi-plugins folder) and generated a new configure script
using make -f Makefile.cvs. and ran configure and make.
When I do this libkexif is compiled and ImagesGallery compiles but again I
get the exact same linker error.
Where can I get a libkexif-devel package for suse 10.0 or does anyone have
any other ideas?

Thanks,

Con