[Kde-imaging] RFC release 0.1.1

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Wed Jun 28 10:24:51 CEST 2006

Alle 10:06, mercoledì 28 giugno 2006, Tom Albers ha scritto:
> Op Wednesday 28 June 2006 09:25, schreef Angelo Naselli:
> > Hi guys,
> > these days i will be hardly reachable, cause a preview demo
> > fixed for 4th July.
> > Anyway a 0.1.1 test version is present at
> >    http://www.linux.it/~anaselli/kipi-plugins/
> > pleas check the po files :)
> >
> > Toma do I have to add your last commit? if yes I'll try tomorrow.
> >
> > Hope to release 0.1.1 next week end
> >
> > Thanks,
> > 	Angelo
>
> Angelo,
>
> I'm not available untill after the weekend. We already uploaded the tarball to
> Debian, so you can not change it anymore ;-(
Well next week we'll see each other in irc then :)
Good for uploaded, i don't like this way though, because i cannot follow
what is out what is not. If i had changed the tarball we would have been two
sources with the same release. If this is the debian's way, I will release
on sf first, without a test package.
(Jocking: i don't want mandriva to be behind debian, since i'm the kipi's maintainer
for mandriva :) )

> Anyway, we need to investigate what is going on with the po's. On the doc ml
> was a report that this tarball is not complete either, it seems to be missing
> files randomly. But I only heard that after the Debian upload.

Yes, and we could think to release an optionale sources with the po, even if
i don't know well how, so we can have a single source tarball and more than
one for pos in case of errors. Packagers should add the last one to the official
package once the new one is been released.

> I suggest to upload this version to sf.net right now, since it is much better
> then what's there now. And it builds fine according to debian ;-)
Good within tomorrow I'll do it, I'm not sure I can do it today.

> Then we need to investigate what's going on with the release script. After we
> know which files are missing, we can decide if we leave it like this or we
> need another release. Before that breaking bc is not very wise.
As above, see you in irc (and others of course).

> If you all want to break libkipi, please branch it in /branches/work and work
> there.
Let me know if...