[Kde-imaging] RFC: TODO for the next release

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Jun 26 07:59:38 CEST 2006

On Sunday 25 June 2006 23:37, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Hi,
> just a little time to be happy, new work is incoming...
>
> 1) site reworking
>    I need to know who does what. I mean i believe we must
>    understand who are the plugins' maintainers and has to be
>    put clearly in the kipi site.
>    Any help is welcome here i have some idea and i ask a friend
>    of mine for help. We'll start soon to work on it.

I recommend you to use a CMS tool to manage web page. digiKam project use drupal. It's simple and very powerfull...

> 2) kipi homapeage on sf must jump to the right kipi page
>    Please Aurelien/Gilles or who can do, do it.

I have never touch this page on the past... Aureilien ?

> 3) bug fixing and plugin maintaining
>    As for the site, knowing who does what help me and users,
>    to follow bugzilla.
>
> 4) kipi-plugins and co roadmap
>    Let's try to write down a road map, what we're going to change,
>    impact and a possible release date.
>
> 5) showing kipi-plugins is alive
>    a fresh kipi site and more feedback on bugzilla can make some
>    new developers joining us. I believe since we all have a little
>    free time new people can help us to go on.
>
> 6) a lot of wishes are waiting for us
>    fix the wishes on bugzilla
>
> 7) ...
>
> Please confirm/change the list:
> - batchprocessimages : Aurelien
> - imagesgallery      : Aurelien
> - kameraklient       : Aurelien and Michael J Gruber
> - calendar           : Toma
> - sendimages         : Toma
> - flickrexport       : Vardhman
> - galleryexport      : Colin
> - simpleviewerexport : Joern
> - timeadjust         : Jesper
> - findimages         : Jesper and Richard
> - acquireimages      : Jesper
> - wallpaper          : Jesper

> - jpeglossless       : Gilles
> - rawconverter       : Gilles
right for me.

> Unassigned
> - printwizard : Anders Lund (no confirm here)
> - cdarchiving : Angelo by now
> - mpegencoder : Angelo by now
> - slideshow
>

> Waiting for comment,

very important : from #digikam IRC channel, i have talk with one potential slideshow plugin maintenor. I have redirected him to kde-imaging at kde.org ML... but no news actually...

Why not post _this_ message on kipi host ML (or something like that) to improve visibility of the project ?