[Kde-imaging] Reg Libkipi attributes() function

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Fri Jul 28 20:05:10 CEST 2006

Sorry for the late answer - summer and all, ya know :-)

I dont see how just a keywords "tags" would work, unless you only have on
category.
In KPhotoAlbum you are capable of annotating your images in different
categories: "Persons", "Locations", "Keywords", what ever.

The way KPhotoAlbum implement the attributes methods is to use each of these
categories as the key. Thus the map may with KPhotoAlbum have each of these
as keys, and e.g the key Persons may contain the list "Jain, Jesper".

I agree this part of KIPI perhaps isn't design the best, so I'm all open for
redesigning it.

Cheers
Jesper.

On Monday 17 July 2006 16:18, Vardhman Jain wrote:
| Hi folks,
|        I have started breaking libkipi binary compatibility (:)). Just
| added the HostSupportsTags feature in the enum list of features. Now
| Applications can support this feature.
| I would like to discuss some implementation issues here, which will come
| during further feature addition to this attributes() set of functions.
|
| The host application are expected to return a QMap <QString, QVariant> for
| the attributes() function.
| The map contents (key, value) need to be standardized so that plugins can
| take out some attribute from the map using a well defined key. For the tags
| feature I have used the String "tags" as the key.
|
| I would look forward for other developers comment regarding this sort of
| standardization. Where should guidlines regarding this be kept noted. I
| will update the inline documentation.  For the time being I hope that
| should be sufficient.
|

| Vardhman

thousands of images?