[Kde-imaging] Reg Libkipi attributes() function

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 22:18:03 CEST 2006

Hi folks,
       I have started breaking libkipi binary compatibility (:)). Just added
the HostSupportsTags feature in the enum list of features. Now Applications
can support this feature.
I would like to discuss some implementation issues here, which will come
during further feature addition to this attributes() set of functions.

The host application are expected to return a QMap <QString, QVariant> for
the attributes() function.
The map contents (key, value) need to be standardized so that plugins can
take out some attribute from the map using a well defined key. For the tags
feature I have used the String "tags" as the key.

I would look forward for other developers comment regarding this sort of
standardization. Where should guidlines regarding this be kept noted. I will
update the inline documentation.  For the time being I hope that should be
sufficient.

Vardhman
--
Blogs: http://vardhman.blogspot.com