[Kde-imaging] Start working on next kipi release

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sat Jul 15 10:45:40 CEST 2006

Alle 10:28, sabato 15 luglio 2006, Vardhman Jain ha scritto:
> Hi,
> Excuse me for my innocense on the topic, have been little out of sync with
> the list for some time. I wanted to know if the time has come when libkipi
> would be modified in the sense to add new features and functions which were
> earlier posponed for maintaining binary compatibiilty. Is someone already
> making such changes in the codebase ?
Well, it's time to start new kipi generation :) That means add/remove/change
features to improve kipi quality and kipi-plugins.
All we have to do is to pay attention on changes, I mean all of that
breaks host appl. has to be documented and announced well, providing patches
as said by toma.

Anyway yes, it's time to break :)

> My intentions are to add the tag feature support enum in code. So the
> plugins can ask if the tag feature is supported by an app or not. We have
> had some discussion about this in the past on this list.
Leaving developers the aim to answer to that ;)