[Kde-imaging] My point on KIPI

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Tue Jan 31 01:02:13 CET 2006

Op dinsdag 31 januari 2006 00:39, schreef Aurelien Gateau:
> So this is the trial of the non-contributing developers, right? :-)

No, definitly not. Everyone will have his own reasons for not adding any code.
We just have to decide if there is any reason to continue, the speed everyone
replies is really typical for the project btw.

I still have not seen anyone stepping up and saying he will contribure
substantial amount of hacking time more then he has done until now. That
means basically that I'm scared we will continu as we have done the last
year...

It will probably mean for me that a plugin for digikam which is a one or two
liner in digikam (like aquireimages) in the future will be in the core of
digiKam instead of taking the time to make it a plugin...

Maybe we can arrange the plugins between the developers. Everyone maintains
their plugins and fixes their (mostly annoyingly silly) bug reports
associated with them.  Together with a new release dude, there is a volunteer
i believe, we could manage it...

Toma