[Kde-imaging] SimpleViewerExport 0.1

Joern Ahrens joern.ahrens at kdemail.net
Sun Jan 22 18:51:37 CET 2006

On Sunday 22 January 2006 17:53, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Alle 11:22, domenica 22 gennaio 2006, Joern Ahrens ha scritto:
> First of all i didn't mean to be rude, i apologize if you thought so.
> I'd like to understand only what we have.

Sorry, if I gave you the impression I'm pissed of by your mail! That wasn't my
intention.

> Sure. You're right, but before doing it i'd like to understand if
> i could or i must remove it (as, I believe, should do any other distro's
> packager of course).

SimpleViewerExport (the kipi-plugin) creates a configuration file and the
image files/thumbnails which are later used by SimpleViewer (the flash prg).
A new directory is created, which contains all these files.
This part is GPL licensed by me and is free to ship with every distribution,
at least there is nothing special to other kipi-plugins.

To display the gallery you need to copy the SimpleViewer flash file into the
same directory where the configuration file is located. This can be done by
the user for every gallery he creates manually, but I that sucks ;-) So the
kipi-plugin points the user to the download page of the flash file and copies
it in his home folder for further use. Now, the plugin is able to export the
albums, create the config file and copies the flash file into the export
folder.

The flash file is free to use but uses a license different from GPL. To avoid
problems for packagers I decided _not_ to include these files into the
kipi-plugin.

... Jörn