[Kde-imaging] New snapshot of ImageGallery2

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Sun Feb 26 13:04:52 CET 2006

Hello,

I just uploaded a new snapshot of ImageGallery2 here:

  http://bugkiller.free.fr/imagegallery2/

I changed the theme system to use XSLT instead of some home-made system.
Thanks to libxslt it was quite easy to implement.

This change brings much greater flexibility for themes, if you have a look at
the demos, you will see XSLT made it possible to implement previous/next
links, optionally with thumbnails (matrix theme). It was also easy to add
support for image position and count (image n/N).

It should also be easier to support/adapt themes from other gallery systems.

My TODO list for now is the following:
- Use libxml to generate XML files
- Add i18n support
- Add libxslt tests to configure.in
- Support for special case: only one gallery
- Define a theme description file, which should contain the theme title,
  author, URL
- Show theme description in theme list, with a screenshot
- Store settings between invocations of the plugin
- Support for remote URLs
- Automatically rotate JPEG according to Exif info
- let the user control quality of JPEG and PNG

I think it's now ready to get into SVN. Is it ok for you if I import it?
Speaking of SVN, I would also like to rename the plugin "HTMLExport", which I
find more explicit than "ImageGallery".

Regards,