[Kde-imaging] About ImagesGallery plugin

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Tue Feb 7 00:01:40 CET 2006

Hello,

I originally announced I would work on ImagesGallery plugin this weekend, but
real life decided other way :-(.

Nevertheless, I have been thinking about it, especially about making it
simpler.

Here is my proposal:

* 1st page: Album selection
No change

* 2nd page: Look
Instead of individual settings like colors, fonts and border sizes, provide a
list of CSS-based templates. This would have several advantages:
- Simpler selection
- Would make it possible to produce much nicer galleries
- Easily extendable

There would be a "Details" group box containing all the "Show(...)"
checkboxes. It would also include the "Show(...)" checkboxes from the current
"Album" page.

* 3rd page: Image settings
This page would host all image resize and compression options, like the
thumbnail size, whether to resize full images...

* 4th page: Output
Here you would find the destination dir. I would like to support network
transparency so that the user can directly upload the gallery to an FTP site
for example. Would be nice.
There should also be a checkbox to specify whether to open the gallery in a
browser at the end.

What do you think about this?

Another question, about Subversion. Since this is going to be a rewrite,
should I start a new dir for this plugin or should I keep the current one?