[Kde-imaging] Proposal for a possible future

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Wed Feb 1 10:27:22 CET 2006

Alle 01:15, mercoledì 1 febbraio 2006, Aurelien Gateau ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a proposal to address the current problem. Roughly speaking, KIPI
> is made of two parts: libkipi and the kipi-plugins. To make sure every host
> app contribute, I suggest we first assign each plugin to a developer. This
> should ensure the maintenance load is shared among the different projects.
> If every developer work on one or more plugins there are higher chances
> they will also patch libkipi if it causes some trouble in the plugins they
> maintain.
>
> Here is a list of the current plugins:
> - acquireimages
> - batchprocessimages
> - calendar
> - cdarchiving
> - findimages
> - flickrexport
> - galleryexport
> - imagesgallery
> - jpeglossless
> - kameraklient
> - mpegencoder
> - printwizard
> - rawconverter
> - sendimages
> - simpleviewerexport
> - slideshow
> - timeadjust
> - wallpaper
>
> And the list of potential maintainers:
> - Digikam
>  - Joern Ahrens
>  - Tom Albers
>  (Unfortunately Gilles gave up)
> - Gwenview
>  - Aurélien Gâteau
> - ShowImg
>  - Richard Groult
> - KPhotoAlbum
>  - Jesper K Perdersen
>
> There are 18 plugins and 5 maintainers. This means 3 or 4 plugins per
> developer. It sounds reasonable to me. Do you agree to try this before we
> decide KIPI is dead and buried?
>
> Regards,
>   Aurélien

As far as i can say, I'm starting to study the kipi-plugins code. I talked to
some friends of mine and we're going to do that together. The first
aim we'd like to reach is to know better the code and follow bko.
We don't pretend to be the kipi managers and we cannot release anything
to svn by now. But we'd like to help and let kipi-plugins live.

I know we can't get our knowledge on kipi now, but we hope
to be helpful as soon as possible.

I'd like to ask you one thing though e.g. that all the kipi-plugins
decisions should be discussed here not in digikam ml, since I'm not
subscribed.
And now a vent (i'm good at it :) )
I noticed in the past some plugins were added and presented here, but
i understood they were discussed elsewhere. I believe also this way of
working were not correct... just a vent take as it is.

Angelo

save kipi-plugins