[Kde-imaging] About next release

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sat Apr 8 18:54:50 CEST 2006

Hi guys, I believe it's time to close 0.1.0
to allow those who want to break libkipi start
their job :)

By now we have 36 bugs (2 critical because they
make applications crash) and a lot of wishes.

From time to time i read some and i found a lot
of related or duplicated ones. I believe some
of them could be fixed with export gallery 2.

As soon as possible i'll try to assign bugs to
plugin's owner to remind him that is open. But
i'd prefer you all to take care of them, am I dreaming?

Now I'd like to find possible date, I need to know from
Aurelien how much it will take to finish (or if already)
html export to have a stable situation and if we're going
to remove the old one - that would mean move /fix all the
export bugs.
For other developers: at least the two criticals should be fixed.
well at least  bug 113557, since 118090 is probably invalid or
a packaging problem.

We can have two releases 0.1.0 rc2 as it is by now in the next few
days, after Aurelien answer, and the final one on May/June.
That would unlock deveopers soon to break things to re-style
some plugins and hope to fix bugs.
Moreover new version of digikam (maybe also gwenview), will
make some users test plugins and of course open new bugs.

Toma I can do the packages, but as soon as we decide the date
I'll need some help, I'd prefer to make packages from a stable
branch so you should freeze svn for me. Moreover I need to know
any other things to do... all those I probably don't image either :)

Ok it's too long by now wait for comments then :)