[Kde-imaging] Creating a KIPI SourceForge project?

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Thu Sep 29 11:52:47 CEST 2005

Gilles Caulier wrote:

> 1/ Multiply repository increase project entropy !
> 2/ kipi project isn't a packaging team. it's developpement team.
> 3/ Binaries packaging is dedicaced to packagers.
> 4/ There is a large tasks list to finalize kipi: see in B.K.O. We have no
> time to lost with packaging.
> 5/ kipi is maintened by digiKam team. This is very fragile because
> developper ressources are limited. I don't want another one repository to
> manage. 6/ We develop and provide source tarballs. It's enough.

I  agree 100% with Angelo. Creating this repository would not change a lot
for you: instead of uploading to the Digikam SF project, you would upload
to KIPI SF project. On the other hand it would make life easier for people
who create binary packages (like Angelo) or who get sent binary packages
(like me), since they will be able to upload their packages.

Regards,