[Kde-imaging] Creating a KIPI SourceForge project?

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Thu Sep 29 09:30:20 CEST 2005

Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Le Mercredi 28 Septembre 2005 11:57 PM, Aurelien Gateau a écrit :

>>>And _who_ manage this repository ? You ?
>>
>>No: all the registered developers of the KIPI SF project. Once the project
>>has been created, everyone involved in KIPI would create an SF account (if
>>he/she doesn't have one) and then be added to the KIPI SF project. This way
>>he/she will be able to release source tarballs or binaries.
>>
>>Aurélien
>>

> This is my viewpoints :

IMHO:
> 1/ Multiply repository increase project entropy !
True, we can have only one (the new one for kipi)

> 2/ kipi project isn't a packaging team. it's developpement team.
True, but packagers could help in uploading their job. Remember
not all users are able to rebuild tarballs. (they can't, or they don't
want, or they trust their disrto... etc)

> 3/ Binaries packaging is dedicaced to packagers.
exactly why we can help better having a repository account.

> 4/ There is a large tasks list to finalize kipi: see in B.K.O. We have no time
> to lost with packaging.
(2-3-4 seems to be very similar :)
> 5/ kipi is maintened by digiKam team. This is very fragile because developper
> ressources are limited. I don't want another one repository to manage.
The same source repository (e.g. extragear under svn) and one for kipi
release for example sourgeforge.

> 6/ We develop and provide source tarballs. It's enough.
I don't think we ask you more, but people use binary....