[Kde-imaging] [Digikam-devel] KIPI presentation done

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 21:51:06 CEST 2005

> As Jesper said, its upto the host app to include the plugins in the
> context menu. In case of digikam, to keep the context menu simple only
> the jpeglossless plugin is included.

I guess any one using digikam would expect the export options(at some
of them) to be on the right click menu, like those "send to" options
shown in many applications.

send to -> Email
             -> K3B
             -> Bluetooth (might be useful?)
             -> web
                         -> Gallery
                          -> flickr
                          -> Coppermine (some one requested this)

I know the plugins will require extra logic to handle the right click,
but may be they will make a better experience at app usage.

> Jesper, you might want to add ShowImg among the list of apps using
> KIPI. Additionally, some of the plugins are due for a complete rewrite
> like the rawconverter  and imagesgallery; so you could rally support
> for that as well in your talk.

Jesper:  As you asked earlier, Kopete is the KDE's multi protocol IM
client, like Gaim. I heard gnome ppl were adding some option to send a
file from nautilus to gaim file transfer. May be similar thing should
be achieved using kipi plugins for photo files. I don't know how
useful this might be for images, at least generic files "send to"
option from nautilus to gaim looked like a cool feature.

> renchi

regards
Vardhman