[Kde-imaging] [Digikam-devel] KIPI presentation done

Renchi Raju renchi.raju at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:37:48 CEST 2005

On 8/25/05, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at kde.org> wrote:
> Does showimg use kipi? showimg would not allow adding new images then, is that
> right?

According to the website: http://www.jalix.org/projects/showimg/ it
does use kipi. Not sure whether it allows adding new images; I would
be very surprised if it doesn't do so since its very similar to
gwenview.

> | Additionally, some of the plugins are due for a complete rewrite
> | like the rawconverter  and imagesgallery;
> Rewrite in what way?

the rawconverter is very basic currently, a ufraw
(http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/) like interface and features is
desirable. the imagesgallery needs theming support and other
enhancements.

> | so you could rally support for that as well in your talk.
> I'm not sure I understand that sentence.

you have a slide which mentions ideas for new plugins, which i suppose
is to entice new developers into the kipi project. You could also
possibly mention that some plugins need revamping and developers are
needed for them.

> Renchi, will you be at aKademy?

No.

regards,