[Kde-imaging] libkipi 0.1 release?

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Thu Sep 30 21:55:34 CEST 2004

Le jeudi 30 Septembre 2004 21:18, Renchi Raju a écrit :
> its time we thought about a libkipi release. libkipi library is itself
> stable (no known bugs currently), bc ready and feature complete (for now).
> digikam and kimbdaba depend directly on libkipi and the delay in release
> of libkipi is going to further delay any releases from our side.
>
> now, there is the issue of when kipi-plugins should be released. some of
> the plugins have show-stopper bugs against them. so we have a bunch of
> a) release libkipi and kipi-plugins now, as is, with the bugs to be
> handled later
> b) release libkipi now and the kipi-plugins later (when the bugs are
> fixed).
> c) wait till all show-stopper bugs are fixed in kipi-plugins before
> releasing libkipi and kipi-plugins together.
>
> please vote for these options or any additional ones you might suggest.
>
> i register my vote for option (b).

b) for me is good too. but we can certainly fixed this points :

- using libkipi/ instead libkipi/libkipi/
- removed 'testimagecollectionselector.cpp' and
'testimagecollectionselector.h'
- fixed the tips i18n in the makefile.am (the tips strings aren't exported in
the .pot files, i don't know why)

regards