[Kde-imaging] libkipi 0.1 release?

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 30 21:18:55 CEST 2004

its time we thought about a libkipi release. libkipi library is itself
stable (no known bugs currently), bc ready and feature complete (for now).
digikam and kimbdaba depend directly on libkipi and the delay in release
of libkipi is going to further delay any releases from our side.

now, there is the issue of when kipi-plugins should be released. some of
the plugins have show-stopper bugs against them. so we have a bunch of
a) release libkipi and kipi-plugins now, as is, with the bugs to be
handled later
b) release libkipi now and the kipi-plugins later (when the bugs are
fixed).
c) wait till all show-stopper bugs are fixed in kipi-plugins before
releasing libkipi and kipi-plugins together.

please vote for these options or any additional ones you might suggest.

i register my vote for option (b).

renchi