[Kde-imaging] libkexif problems

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Wed Sep 29 22:19:22 CEST 2004

OK, after installing pkg-config, things compiles fine.
Lets just review this.
I was missing pkg-config, and as a result libkexif did not compile.
Now as a result of this the rotate plugin still tried to compile and failed.

I'm not 100% sure I understand your explanation regarding runtime and compile
dependencies (sorry this is completely my fault. I normally has David Faure
to solve that kind of things for me ;-)

However, seen from a KimDaBa's (or digikam's for that matter) users point of
view, this is very hard to spot, and if I did not have pkg-config installed,
then I guess it is likely that any common users of ours doesn't either.

Do I understand you correct so far, that if a user installs through individual
packages for libkexif, kipi-plugins etc, then the compile problem are not
present?

Cheers
Jesper.