[Kde-imaging] pkg-config and other stuff

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Tue Sep 21 22:04:40 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 18:44, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le mardi 21 Septembre 2004 17:46, Jesper K. Pedersen a écrit :
> > |
> > | I think that is a good idea?

> > | Banner? Where do you see those?
> >
> > VIRTUAL BEERS ON ME!
> >
> > I had a broken setup with some ancient KIPI files first in my KDE search
> > path, so I used like one month old files.
> >
> > Gilles, please forgive me for this. The search plugin works flawlessly now.
> > Thanks for your continously fight for this.
> > It did however, grow slowly to 51% and then announced that it found no
> > duplicate, but the error with the unknown event is gone
> >
> > Still burning cd's seems to be broken.
> >
> > I actually like the banner. Let me add one more bullet to the list
> > 3) it makes people realize who cool we are for sharing plugins ;-)
>
> And anothers :
>
> 4) In Kimdaba, there is already an option for to export the images in an HTML
> page. The kipi html export is redundant...

We should ask the author (hi Jesper ;) to merge the features
into kipi html export plugins.  So kipi apps get the best of both
implementations ;)

AFAIR the output/look the kimdaba html is quite different from
kipi html so until a merge providing both is not a bad thing ;)

> 5) In ShowImg there is a Backup to CD option. The kipi CD archiving is
> redundant...

Hmm, couldn't find it in 0.9.3.  Nevertheless IMHO merge/replace with
kipi plugin.  In doubt disable the buildin code for consistency of
the user experience ;)

> ==> The banners to the top of kipi dialogs is a way for to distinct correctly
> the hosts based options and the kipi options ! My works for to add a
> graphical banner (K3b inspired) is relevant from discutions with kipi users
> by IM. Someone are very confuse to find 2 options who provide the same
> features.
>
> Also, I think a banner adding a cool touch in the kipi dialogs (like k3b). Or
> perhaps, i'm wrong and i have always bad ideas for the GUI construction ?

Yeah, the banner nice, useless but nice ;)

AFAIK there's still a policy that
an app/dialog should fit on a 800x600 display.  At least here some (all?)
batch dialog are almost 700 pxl.   Removing the banner for small screen
and/or set min vert size of listboxes to smaller values would be a good
thing.

Achim

                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com