[Kde-imaging] few questions and comments...

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 6 23:39:35 CEST 2004

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

> On Monday 06 September 2004 17:58, Renchi Raju wrote:

> | > I would personally just drop this plugin, because I don't see any real
> | > use for it, but if you prefer keeping it then your solution is fine with
> | > me.
> |
> | i would let gilles decide that, as this is his plugin.
> |
> | jesper,gilles... ok to remove AlbumEQDir from features list and moved to
> | ImageCollection?
>
> Well the point is that this plugin would not make any sense if the host app
> did not have this feature, would it.
>
> So therefore this plugin should put this requirement in the desktop file (as
> it actually does), so host applications which do not have this setup simply
> can ignore this plugin.
>
> So I don't think it should be removed, maybe we should add your suggested
> method in addition instead.

in our case (digiKam), some of the albums are directories and some of the
albums are not. so unlike AlbumEQDir which makes a black and white
distinction (app has the feature or app doen't have the feature), we fall
into the grey area. only at runtime, can we determine whether the album is
a directory or not.

renchi