[Kde-imaging] Need some common place to store packages

Angelo Naselli random_lx at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 09:16:02 CEST 2004

--- Aurelien Gateau <aurelien.gateau at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As you might know, I released version 1.1.6 of
> Gwenview yesterday. This
> version uses libkipi 0.1.0, so I do not provide KIPI
> snapshots anymore. As a
> result, I received links to binary packages for
> libkipi, libkexif and
> kipi-plugins. I would like to make them available
> from the KIPI homepage, but
> I think we need a way to publish binary packages,
> preferably on ftp.kde.org.
> If you agree with this, I'll ask how to do this on
> the extra-gear mailing
> list.
>
> Aurélien

Well Aurélien, this mail explains my worry. As i told
you in private i think you were explicit in your news,
but as you've written here people used to upload but
expecially download kipi snapshot packages from your
site.
So i think it's a good idea finding a common place
where to put them.
In the case the place would be ftp.kde.org what do i
have to do to have the rigts to upload?