Fwd: Re: [Kde-imaging] Manipulating image data from within a KIPI plugin

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Thu May 20 23:37:40 CEST 2004

> OK, I think I'm almost there now ;-)
> I could as easy as scratching my back return a QImage from say KimDaBa, but
> where should this image be displayed? Would a call to this QImage method
> indicate to the host application that it should display the image in a
> viewer?

No, image() returns a reference to the image data loaded by the host app. The
plugin uses this reference to modify the image (the reference is not const).
Once the plugin has modified the image, it will notify the host app by
calling setImageDirty(). The host app implementation of setImageDirty()
should refresh the image view and consider it as modified, so that it can
warn the user of unsaved changes if he quits.