[Kde-imaging] ImageCollection or Browser

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Wed Jun 23 18:40:27 CEST 2004

Le mercredi 23 Juin 2004 14:09, Renchi Raju a écrit :

> > > that is just not right

I agree with you.

> another possibility is that app disables such actions when there is no
> selection; but then again we are shifting the responsibility to the app.
> its our job to get the interface correct.

It seems we need "selection only" plugins. That is plugins which should only
be enabled if images are selected. I suggest the following:
- Add a slot named Interface::slotSelectionChanged() and a KIPI feature named
SelectionOnlyPlugin.
- The host app should call Interface::slotSelectionChanged() when the
selection changes.
- slotSelectionChanged() should loop on all plugins with the
SelectionOnlyPlugin feature and disable or enable them if there is a
selection.

Regards,