[Kde-imaging] Some questions...

Craig Drummond craig_p_drummond at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 15:19:56 CEST 2004

> > 2. Some of the plugins still reference
> "directories",
> > whereas KDE uses the term "folder". Can I change
> these
> > as well?
>
> We will fixed that...

OK - I was just offering to do some of the donkey
work...

> > this a Gwenview error? Does kipi have a way of
> > informing the host-app that an image has been
> changed?
> >
> Probably a problem with the kipi interface for
> Gwenview...

I thought as much, just thought I'd ask just to make
sure.

> > 6. I've created a small app for the removal of
> > hot-pixels. This is a fairly simple wrapper around
> the
> > jpegpixi program. I'd like to convert this to be a
> > kipi-plugin. jpegpixi works on the raw-jpeg data,
> and
> > avoids re-compressing the image when saving. Will
> kipi
> > allow access to the raw image data?
>
> Not actually. The only way is to use dcraw....

I think you misunderstand - I just want/need the jpeg
data (i.e. the file contents). Its just that if the
app already has the file open - it seems silly to have
to re-open (or download if its a non-local URL) the
file. And likewise I'd like to return the modified
data - and not save back to a file.

> > 7. I'm also writing a simple plugin to acquire
> images
> > from a camera (either via KDE's camera:/ ioslave,
> or
> > by mounting the device),
>
> I'm very impatient to see that ...

Well it should be fairly simple - just a matter of
using camera:/, or mounting the required folder, then
scanning it for images...

> > and re-naming (based upon
> > exif data) the images before saving to the target
> > folder - i.e. all my photos are named "YYYY-MM-DD
> > hh:mm:ss.jpg". Does this sound useful to anyone
> other
> > than myself?
>
> BatchRemaneimages already exist. It's not necessary
> to recreate a new plugin
> for this fonction. Perhaps you can patch this
> plugin...

But I want the images renamed before they're saved to
disk. i.e. open
file:/media/sda1/dcim/100olymp/123.jpg, read exif
data, and save to disk as /photos/New/2004-06-18
14:23:01.jpg

Craig.