[Kde-imaging] Re: KIPI::PluginLoader.

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Sat Jun 5 14:10:28 CEST 2004

Le vendredi 4 Juin 2004 11:58, Jesper K. Pedersen a écrit :
> On Saturday 05 June 2004 11:35, Caulier Gilles wrote:

> | > |

> | > I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about, could you please
> | > elaborate?
> |
> | Why do you have removed the fonction 'loadPlugins' and 'loadedPlugins'
> | from KIPI::PluginLoader ? I have used that for a dynamic kipi plugins
>
> I looked in the digikam release I had, and found that digikam did not use
> it, so I though it was just some brand new idea Renchi had got when he
> wrote the file the first time.
>
> I removed it because I though it was unused, and I was not sure what to do
> with it when I reworked the PluginLoader. Sorry for the inconvinience.
>
> I think KIPI itself should offer a plugin configuration dialog, so each
> host app do not have to add that.
>
> Could you please send me the source code for yours, plus screendumps, and
> I'll make it my prio 1 thing to implement over the weekend (which means
> late Sunday).

The config tab dialog of plugins managment is available on KDE CVS here :

http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdeextragear-3/digikam/utilities/setup/setupplugins.cpp?rev=1.8&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

A screenshoot is here :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/0.6.3fromKDECVS/pluginssetupdialog.png

Nota :
Sorry, i haven't a permanent  internet connexion actually. I'm in holliday in
south of France. I'm  very busy (:=)))

I will back at home this sunday...

> | Another question : there is a way for to provide easily a plugins toolbar
> | in the host ?
>
> Sure, when you have loaded the plugins, you will ask for actions() for each
> plugin, and you can plug() these to toolbars, just like you plug them to
> menus.

I will  checked that

> | Nota : the plugins shortkeys managment is cool !!!
>
> You lost me here, what is that?

the plugins shortkeys config like this :

void DigikamApp::slotEditKeys()
{
    KKeyDialog* dialog = new KKeyDialog();
    dialog->insert( actionCollection(), i18n( "General" ) );

    #ifdef HAVE_KIPI    // KIPI plugins.

    KIPI::PluginLoader::List list = KipiPluginLoader_->pluginList();

    for( KIPI::PluginLoader::List::Iterator it = list.begin() ; it !=
list.end() ; ++it )
        {
        KIPI::Plugin* plugin = (*it).plugin;
        dialog->insert( plugin->actionCollection(), (*it).comment );
        }

    #endif

    dialog->configure();

    delete dialog;