[Kde-imaging] KIPI::PluginLoader.

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Fri Jun 4 11:58:04 CEST 2004

On Saturday 05 June 2004 11:35, Caulier Gilles wrote:
| Le jeudi 3 Juin 2004 16:43, vous avez écrit :

| > |
| > | Why do you have recently removed the dynamic plugins upload/dowload
| > | capabilities from the host application ? This features are important
| > | for customise the host GUI in according with KIPI plugins ...
| >
| > I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about, could you please
| > elaborate?
|
| Why do you have removed the fonction 'loadPlugins' and 'loadedPlugins' from
| KIPI::PluginLoader ? I have used that for a dynamic kipi plugins
I looked in the digikam release I had, and found that digikam did not use it,
so I though it was just some brand new idea Renchi had got when he wrote the
file the first time.

I removed it because I though it was unused, and I was not sure what to do
with it when I reworked the PluginLoader. Sorry for the inconvinience.

I think KIPI itself should offer a plugin configuration dialog, so each host
app do not have to add that.

Could you please send me the source code for yours, plus screendumps, and I'll
make it my prio 1 thing to implement over the weekend (which means late
Sunday).

| Another question : there is a way for to provide easily a plugins toolbar
| in the host ?
Sure, when you have loaded the plugins, you will ask for actions() for each
plugin, and you can plug() these to toolbars, just like you plug them to
menus.

| Nota : the plugins shortkeys managment is cool !!!
You lost me here, what is that?

Cheers
Jesper.