[Kde-imaging] currentScope and friends

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Fri Jun 4 12:10:35 CEST 2004

On Friday 04 June 2004 12:00, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
| Le vendredi 4 Juin 2004 00:09, Jesper Pedersen a écrit :
| >   I therefore added a function called currentScope(),
|
| I've been wondering about the currentAlbum() and currentSelection() thing
| for a while and I'm afraid we will see inconsistency in the way plugins
| select which files they'll work on. Some might work on currentAlbum(), some
| on currentSelection(), some others on currentScope() and yet some others
| might let the user choose among allAlbums().
I agree that most application should just use currentScope, which is why I
replaced all the code trying first to use the selection, then the album.

If the cure is to remove currentAlbum and currentSelection altogether, I'm not
so sure about. I'd much rather solve the issue by writting good documentation
for the methods suggesting the user to use currentSelection(), unless they
have a very good reason not to.

| I suggest we only provide a currentScope() and a allAlbums() methods. Most
| plugins should provide a list filled with the content of allAlbums() with
| the currentScope() item selected so that the user do not have to select it.
| Maybe we could even implement a KIPI::AlbumListView widget.
|
| What do you think about this?
That assumes that currentAlbum is one of the albums in allAlbums(), which is
not true for KimDaBa.

Cheers
Jesper