[Kde-imaging] kdeextragear-libs-1/libkipi/libkipi

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 8 01:50:58 CEST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Aurelien Gateau wrote:

> Le mercredi 7 Juillet 2004 22:39, Caulier Gilles a écrit :
>
> > There is no way for to have a sub-collection selection when Collection =
> > Folders ? Or perhaps have have forget somethings...
>
> The goal of this widget is to be able to select image collections. It's not
> supposed to let you select individual images. I can see two solutions:

i guess what Gilles said was that, if collection == physical folders and
you have folders within folders, should these be shown nested (hierachial
like a tree) or should these be shown as a flat list of collections.
(there might be hierachial imagecollections in other cases too, like in
kimdaba)

> - Create a similar widget to select images among collections. I would suggest
> to make ImageCollectionDialog a widget and rename it ImageSelector.
>
> - Add an "individualImageSelection"¹ boolean property to
> ImageCollectionSelector so that the user can select only some images of the
> collections. If we do so, I guess ImageCollectionSelector will have to make a
> deep copy of the selected image collections and remove some images from them.
> Would this be ok ?

my belief is that the way images are collected into
collections/albums/folders should be upto the app and there is no need for
a separate individual image selection from the plugins. use the host app
to browse to whatever images the user wants to see and then the plugin
uses selection/allimages depending on the context. otherwise we will end
up creating a mini-app within libkipi to select images. for very specific
selection needs the kfile select dialog should suffice.

renchi