[Kde-imaging] List of Digikam plugins to port in a first time to LIBKIPI on KDE CVS !

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Thu Apr 29 15:04:11 CEST 2004

On Thursday 29 April 2004 14:51, Gilles Caulier wrote:
| Hi All,
|
| Because the port of Digikamplugins to libkipi is not a simple task, I have
| writen a list of plugins to port in according with the complexity of the
| source code :
|
| 01- MiscOperations -> This is an exercice. The first way (:=)))
I'm on this one. As Renchi pushed through that we should skip XML GUI, but
instead have a category in the plugin, I beleive we need to split this plugin
into a bunch of seperate plugins.

| 02- AcquireImages -> Ready. Source code stable !
|
| 03- CommentsEditor -> Ready ! Source code stable !
I'm on this one too.

| 04- MPEGEncoder -> Ready ! Source code stable !
Has been ported, but I have no clue how it works, so someone needs to test it.

| 05- Sendimages -> You can port now this plugin. I will not change anything
| in this plugin before Digikam 0.6.3 (about adding multithreading). Ready !
| Source code stable !
Could you please either send it to me or check it into KEG cvs yourself, I was
told not to touch it earlier on.

| 06- RawConverter -> Ready ! Source code stable !
|
| 07- JPEGLossLess -> Warning : I must tested a patch about auto EXIF
| rotation by a contributor.
OK, Aurelien please stay away from this then.
Please send me the new sources when ready, or check them in yourself.

| 08- SlideShow -> There is a problem with OpenGL during the compilation with
| some Linux dist (for me no problem in MDK 9.2 AND A nvidia video card). I
| have a patch from a contributor to test about this problem.
OK, Aurelien please stay away from this then.
Please send me the new sources when ready, or check them in yourself.

| 09- PrintWizard -> I don't know the code of this plugin. The original
| author can be contacted for this task. (Todd Shoemaker <todd at
| theshoemakers dot net>)
Has been ported already. Tod please let me know if you do not have CVS access
to KDE cvs, I hope you will keep maintaining it now its in KIPI.

| 10- Findimages -> This plugin is from Richard Groult (showImg project) and
| me. Source code stable -> Perhaps Richard can port this plugin ? (Richard
| Groult <Richard dot Groult at jalix dot org>)
Yes it would be great if Richard could port this. Richard, please let me know
if you have any problems doing so.

| 11- Calendar -> uncomplete feature. Can be ported but must be improved by
| Renchi Raju. (Renchi Raju <renchi at pooh dot tam dot uiuc dot edu>)
Has been ported. It would be great if digikam could be kipi compliant as soon
as possible to avoid parallel development.

| 12- ImagesGallery -> Complex code -> later
Aurelien already has ported this.

| 13- CDARchiving -> Complex code -> later
I've already ported this to the extend that there are some issues with things
not nesessarily being in one dir - see separate mail

| 14- BatchProcessImages -> The code is very improved. I want have a feedback
| from users before to send you the news Batch plugins collection folder.
| Comming soon. (You can test the last CVS release with the last CVS tarballs
| available at Digikam download usual place).
Yes please send me the plugin or check it in, as soon as we can port it.

Cheers
Jesper