[Kde-imaging] Ownership policy

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Fri Apr 9 00:54:38 CEST 2004

Hi!

I'm trying to write a real implementation of KIPI::Interface in Gwenview. I'm
wondering about the ownership policy of currentAlbum() and
currentSelection(): Should the caller be responsible of deleting it or should
it be up to the KIPI::Interface implementation? If the second, what would be
the lifetime of the returned pointer?
I personally would prefer to let the caller be responsible of it as it would
simplify the code in the KIPI::Interface implementation and would avoid crash
if the plugin access the ImageCollection after the host deleted it.

PS: I will be away on Sunday (11/4) till next Sunday (18/4). Just so that you
don't wonder why I don't answer fast :-)